Sunday, February 21, 2010

...because its what we love!


As a couple, Dustin and I love working out together, competing in triathlons and pretty much love going to races and being involved in the sporting world. Dustin has competed in many sprint/Olympic triathlons, been a one day finisher in the STP twice(seattle 2 portland bike race....200miles). We have raced together in many sprint triathlons, ran half marathons together, competed in half a dozen 10k/5k runs, supported each other in water polo games and swim meets, and just really enjoy being active together. Many think we are kinda crazy for this stuff but we have so much fun as a couple AND family. We see so much good in these races, as they have been held for really great causes(aka...breast cancer, diabetes, childrens hospital, childrens library, Mike Utley foundation, AIDS etc...). There is such a neat spirit of comradery and passion at these races. We love how all the people at these types of events are very genuinely HAPPY! (They are improving their health and accomplishing a goal and this really does make a person happy). But above all we just really love being together and doing what we love as a couple.

For Valentines day Dustin got me a new bike(we sold my previous bike awhile back and finally have been able to find one I love). We have had a bit of a break biking together seeing that I had Macie and was without a bike for a while. But we are back in business and we are SO happy about it! Thanks to My LOVE(and Brandon and Whitney for watching the kids, you guys are the best...such sweet friends) we had a great ride last night for Date night! Riding in the desert is so cool and sure has some amazing beauty.


My sweet ride


My man making sure the air pressure on my tires is just right....He sure takes care of me. Boy am I spoiled. Boy, do I love him!
Red Mountain




Take a look at some really great pics Dustin took while we were riding.
We have seen some pretty amazing areas on our bikes together and boy we wouldn't trade those moments for anything.









8 comments:

roxanne said...

What features do you look for in a bike? I would love to do a sprint triathlon, and I have a bike but it is not spectacular. I was just hoping for some tips from a seasoned pro. :)

roxanne said...

Oh, and I think it is fabulous that you two do such active things together!! That means you will probably get to spend a good long time enjoying each others company. And it really is more fun with someone you love.

Pamela Brown said...

That is such an awesome Valentines gift (what a sweet husband) and there is no better way to spend time with your hubby than working out. I love how athletic you guys are and all the stuff that you do together. Your kids will grow up and be pro athletes because they have such wonderful examples :)

Chelsi said...

what a great valentines day gift! i love that you two are so active and use that time to enjoy eachother. that is so awesome! beautiful pictures too!!!

Jen said...

That's awesome! I would love to do that with Jacob. For now it's just me and the girls pounding the pavement. Way to go Lore!

Jennifer Purdie said...

Ahhh! You are so lucky! I am the one putting air in my tires and changing the flats.

Did you guys do Usery? When I'm feeling better, let's go biking! Also, I can help watch your kids when you go riding. I can just bike over.

Jolie said...

I'm no expert on bikes, but that's one good looking bike!! Good eye Dustin!
You two really are inspiring in so many ways. One way is your active life style that you share together. You guys are so cute!!

Brittany said...

LUCKY!! You are and continue to be my inspiration for a good, healthy, active lifestyle. ;)