Peace
As i sit here in complete silence my thoughts are turned to moments like this that I most treasure as a mother. It is hard to come by moments where I am completing alone and where everything is "STILL" around me. I enjoy the hussle and bussle of going and doing and learning and seeing but I also enjoy these moments of complete solitude and contemplation.....contemplation on my sweet children and how they teach me so much through their innocent eyes(example: trying to explain to Dalan were water comes from and how it gets to our faucet), seeing the simple joys of my children and looking back in the car mirror and watching my kids both bob their heads back and forth and singing and dancing their feet to the Lucky listener cd(a childrens cd my mom makes each year); the nightly joy of giving my kids a bath and singing "I'm a Little Tea Pot" over and over again and splashing and laughing with them. I love the simple joys of an evening sitting at the dinner table with my husband, enjoying a quiet dinner where we can simply talk about our day together as the kids are in bed fast asleep. The simple joy of going for a jog in the crisp air looking at the desert sunset; eating ice cream in bed while watching a funny movie with my husband, laughing together. Going to SPIN class with my man and sweating together to the music as he flicks his sweat my way(I know pretty gross but it makes me smile) But above all, the simple Joy in life is being a mother to my children and a wife to my husband....I couldn't be more grateful.
3 comments:
Thanks for that beautiful post Lore. Your positive attitude about life is so refreshing. You are an incredible momma and a wonderful wife. Thanks for taking a minute to put things into perspective. You're awesome!!!
Lore, this was a beautiful post. I love your attitude about life and your family. You are the best mom I hope some of you can rub off on me! Thanks for the post.
That is so true. Thanks for posting that :) It is easy to forget what a blessing it is to be a wife and mother, but it can bring so much joy and wonder to life. You are an amazing mother, and such a wonderful example!!!!
Post a Comment