
Like this pic....at the end of the pier....sunlight(simple and bright)
Today was the big day....Macie got tubes put in her ears. Its been a long time coming...poor baby has had way too many ear infections. I have been so nervous and anxious for this day all because of the unknown. Yes, we were told it is a simple procedure but being the mom that I am I get worked up over small things. I didn't sleep to well last night(no worries, no biggy) and got up early to get things ready and head out the door with my sweet girl. Off Mace and I went to the surgery center arriving on time. As we began our anxious wait, I sat us down next to another mom who had a baby the same age as Macie, knowning that they could play together. We began talking as mothers do and asked the usual "mom" questions. I noticed that her little baby girl was down syndrome and was the cutest little spunky thing ever. The mom had a very "at-ease" personality and had told me that her little girl had tubes in previous but was told they had fallen out when her little girl was hospitalized for other issues. Our conversation continued and as she was describing the simplicity of the "tube" surgery she compared it to a few of the things she had been through with her little one. She told me her little girl had been on life support 3 times already and has 9 different doctors. She has seen so much with her little 15 month old and reassured me that "this is NOTHING" She was such a neat mom and it instantly humbled me to see her example of what a strong mother is. She lovingly and happily dealt with her trials and was so calm and helpful to my nerves all at the same time. I was humbled today by that mothers strength and she will never know the impact she had on me today. Its amazing how we are all dealt trials and she was the kind of person I would want to emulate during my hard times. ........ She quietly was then ushered back for her daughters surgery and gave a quick wave and "good luck" back to me. What a simple conversation yet so powerful to me of the strength of motherhood. Macie 's surgery went fine and she is sleeping and at peace right now. It truly wasn't as bad as I had envisioned(though its never easy to see your precious one crying in pain) But its the power of a mothers touch and love that can penetrate any pain. Its moments like this that I am so grateful for..... good examples that come my way, even in the most simplest forms.
4 comments:
What an amazing experience!!!! I am sure that Heavenly Father had a hand in that, because he knew you needed some comfort and peace, what a blessing. I am glad that Macie is doing well, and I hope that she continues to do better :)
This was such a neat post! I was touched just by reading it. I am glad to hear Macie is doing well.
Pam is right, I bet Heavenly Father placed her in your path that day. Tender mercies from our loving God!!
You are so inspiring Lore. You see the good in people and really take time to learn from your day to day experiences.
Love you!
Totally agree what your friends wrote - I was going to write something along those lines. Hope Macie feels better - she is such a perfect baby girl. Every time I see a picture of her I think of the happy Gerber baby ;)
Post a Comment