Tuesday, August 31, 2010

ROCKIN IT!


Lake Stevens 1/2 Ironman

A feat of 70.3 miles of swimming, biking and running under 5 1/2 hours made me the number 1 fan of my husbands accomplishment a couple weeks ago. Its a goal that few will strive for and even less will accomplish but I'm proud to say that this guy was a true finisher! I couldn't be more proud.

(after watching people throwing up, being carried out, dehydrated and just plain mangled I was in even more awe of the dedication of this race......for some it would discourage but for me i was INSPIRED!)

Dalan and Macie waiting for Daddy to run into the finish line.
Yep he made it....notice the blood stain on his jersey....commonly known as "chaffed nipples" that bled out.

Dalan proudly wore his finishing medal.


My IRONMAN!


Compression sock that kept him from cramping too much during the run....


And....yes this drive for extreme sports runs in the family....This is Dustins sister, Adria. She was a finisher as well representing the lady rockstars....Truly inspiring Adria. Couldn't be more proud!
They came, they finished and they Conquered. I'm proud to be a SMART!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow Dustin!!! You do Rock It big time! Congratulations on finishing!! You're an inspiration to us all! I'm sorry about the chaffing...yikes...that's got to hurt.

Chantalle R. said...

Lore your family is awesome! you both are an inspiration! after reading I wanted to go out and run. Congrats to Dustin! What an achievement!

ericksonzone said...

Wow! That's all I have to say.

Pamela Brown said...

That is amazing!!!!I would be so proud too. Your family is so awesome, and what an example you guys are to your kids. Way to go Dustin!!!!

Noelle said...

That nipple thing is still weirding me out! ouch.

ray-ray says said...

NICE job! That is quite an accomplishment!

Unknown said...

Dustin--

Nice accomplishment! By chance, I'm currently wearing my 70.3 t-shirt from Oceanside, CA 2006 (IM California). School has left me in less than great shape. You inspire me--perhaps sometime this year I'll get my butt back in gear and start training to do another tri. It's been 3 years now since my last one, and 4-8 years since I really competed.

Anyway, keep up the great training!

--Randall