Friday, August 1, 2008


Happy Anniversary my Love!

playing: our anniversary song "feels like home"  This is how we felt when we met each other.  We both loved this song.  I tried to scan some wedding pics in but my printer wasn't connecting to my computer for some reason.   

So this tribute to our 4 year anniversary is almost a month late but I guess better late than never.  We had a fun day together as we bought a new dining table and went swimming together(we got Dalan a babysitter).  We love to swim a workout together and haven't gotten to go together since Dalan was born so it was a real treat.  Most people would think that was a pretty lame thing to do but we loved it!  I guess we're not your typical anniversary celebraters.  One of the first things that attracted me to Dustin was our common love for swimming, and being athletic.  We love to jog, swim, bike, hike, ski, and really do anything that involves being active together. 

Beyond that I was very attracted to his love for his family, his love for people in general and his drive for achieving his goals.  When we first met at a church dance(such a cheesy story as my mom ALWAYS told my sisters and I growing up "you really should go to those church dances cause you might meet your future husband"  we would roll our eyes and say yeah right mom, how dorky) and we danced for the first time he had mentioned he just got off his mission and I briefly asked him how his experience was and he very powerfully said it was the best experience of his life.  I was very impressed and new instintly I wanted to get to know him better.  Dustins love and knowledge of the gospel is such a strength to me.  I have never been a scriptorian of any kind and often have many questions, Dustin is always the one I go to for answers and he very kindly and lovingly helps me understand the gospel.  He is such a strength in so many ways in my life.  He is my best friend and we have had an amazing four years of marriage.   




A date to the Seattle Mariners game!  A Beautiful day in Seattle
Pictures of us doing triathlons together.  Our fav. thing to do in the summer!



Dustin is an amazing skier and taught me how to ski.  He was such a great teacher, so kind and patient.  

oops. sorry this needs to be rotated but I couldn't figure out how to do it.  





 Love is patient, love is kind.

Love is not jealous, it does not brag, and it is not proud.

Love is not rude, is not selfish, and does not become angry easily.

Love does not remember wrongs done against it.

Love is not happy with evil, but is happy with truth.

Love bears all things, believes all things,

hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails

4 comments:

Chelsi said...

What a sweet tribute to your hubby. You guys are such a cute couple. Happy anniversary!

Nicole said...

I remember when mom told me that you met Dustin at a church dance...who would have ever thought?!?!? :) It's good to know that both of you are so happy together! You deserve the best Lore and i'm glad to know that you got it!

Jolie said...

you two really do have a wonderful story and an awesome marriage! I bet that I would've been rolling my eyes right along with you and your sisters if my mom said that to me too!
I'd be like, yeah right mom. but hey, stuff like that really does happen!!
Happy Anniversary!

Noelle said...

So, Lore, I HAVE to write and say......"I told you so!!" All those times I said you could meet your future husband, I meant it!! And you did! I'm so happy too. I prayed LONG and hard that you could have a happy marriage. I love your song too. Brings a little tear to the eye. Love you and I'm happy YOU'VE been so happy. Love Mom