Thursday, April 8, 2010

Running IS.....


There is something about running that is so refreshing, invigorating, mind-freeing, and just simply joyful! It takes me places that I wouldn't otherwise see, it is my tour guide to the outdoors, it frees me of all my worries and gives me back that inner peace. It is contemplation, exhilaration, and total euphoria.


RUNNING IS: HEALING, HAPPINESS and ME!!!
And....I'm off!

Its my favorite jog close to home.

love this view
Always fun to watch the golfers as I jog past.
Love looking at the cactuses.
Whenever I see this sign I always think of High School Musical and Gabriella
(totally random, I know...I guess its the "gabriel" that triggers the thought. )
I'm in heaven whenever I look at the palm trees
(they have ALWAYS been my absolute favorite tree...I've always told myself i'd live somewhere where there were palm trees....mission accomplished)

Just another "jog" in Paradise!











4 comments:

Pamela Brown said...

I totally agree!!! Running is very therapeutic. Since I've started running I have become a better mom, because I have that time to myself to think and let loose:) What a beautiful route to run on. I forgot how beautiful it is in AZ. Missing you guys!!!

Jennifer Purdie said...

Yep, I love it too. I look at some of my races as "running tours."

Noelle said...

are you kidding me??!! I guess YOU'D survive if a bear was chasing us.

Brittany said...

Uncle Don loved this blog entry when I showed it to him.

I'm not much of a runner (because of my bad knees) but you still inspire me to eat healthy/exercise (in other ways) :)