Saturday, May 22, 2010

YES!


YES...
SUCCESS!!!
One week DOWN!!!

My first week without any desserts. Was it hard you ask? Of course it was, but surprisingly for only the first two days (and occasional thoughts of those amazing chocolate cupcakes covered with white frosting that Costco is selling right now : ) For all of you out there thinking....it was that simple? No, its actually taken me a full year to even attempt the thought of going without sugar(well desserts during the week). I have been THINKING about eating healthier and contemplating the idea of less sugar. It has been more of a mental battle above anything. And all of a suddden.....I told myself I' m going to DO it now!

So...1 week down and here are a few things I have learned in these last 7 days.

You CAN do anything you put your mind to.
One good choice leads to another.
Eating sugar has been more of a HABIT (and convenience).
I feel so much better NOT eating so much sugar(those crazy highs and lows really do mess with my body)
I am more aware of all the things me and my kids eat
I have more energy for longer periods of time when I eat "the good food" more often.
I feel empowered.
I run stronger.
I feel better about myself. (no more of those daily regrets having eaten all those cookies)
I could add many but you get the point.


Less sugar= a Happier(didn't think I'd be so happy without it) Healthier (this is very true) ME!


Here's to week 2! Bring it on baby ; )

9 comments:

Chelsi said...

hooray! you go girl!! so happy for you. i love that you are so pumped out being healthier. it's such a great goal to have! you can do it!

roxanne said...

Nice! I have to say, I am so glad you are sharing this struggle with us. I looove my desserts, too, and I have been thinking about cutting down for months now. It sounds like I am following the same path - guess I just need to decide to do it! Keep up the good work! PS- Love the picture.

Pamela Brown said...

I love the picture :) Way to go Lore, keep up the great work!!

Jennifer Purdie said...

Good for you! I don't think I have the ability to do that. I love desserts too much. I have such a sweet tooth, but I know it would make me feel better to lay off.

Whitney said...

You are a rock star. And that picture totally describes the situation perfectly and it made me smile!

Jen said...

That's awesome! I keep wanting to do this but I can't get past the first two days. I've made it a day once. I'm going to try it now. Thanks for sharing!

Brittany said...

You are so inspiring! Both you and Dustin are so healthy and athletic. Thanks for being good examples for me ;)

Elisa said...

Good Job, I really need to do that, because my weakness is desserts. I eat healthy, except the sweets.

Elisa said...

Oh and I think I forgot one importnat ingredient in the spring rolls. You also add to the mix some bean sprouts. The large ones. That's what really makes them yummy!