Yep. we went "home" for Christmas to WA! Its was an amazing trip filled with wonderful memories and fun times with family. We surprised Dustins family with our visit and never told them we were coming home for Christmas. We showed up at their doorstep to wish them a Merry Christmas. It was the best surprise ever! They were completely shocked as Alexis(Dustins mom) shed tears as hugs were given.
Here are some highlights of our trip among many others. I didn't take very pics as I just enjoyed the moment spending time with fam.
Love the "winter wonderland" we got to enjoy while driving to and from families.
Dustin and I laughed as we knew we were "home" seeing so many run down cars....unlike AZ. This car especially made us smile....the hood of a car in the trunk of a car ; ) Only in WA...the hippie state....would you see such realness. I love it.
The Mesa AZ temple with all its beautiful lights. A fun outing before we flew to WA.
Dalan asked for a baseball Tee and bat.
Macie keeping her distance from Santa ;) She asked for DORA...her complete obsession.
Their favorite....Grammie reading stories to them each night.
The best surprise I've pulled off for Dustin..... signed him up for the St. George IRONMAN on May 7th. An ironman is a 2.5 mi. swim, 115mi. bike ride and a marathon run all in one race. It takes about 11-12 hours to finish. It has been a huge goal for him to finish an IRONMAN and now he is on his way to accomplishing that goal. (St. George is the hardest IRONMAN in the U.S. due to its elevation grades throughout the course). Go Dustin!!! I'm your #1 fan ; )
This is an oil painting I painted for my in-laws as a christmas gift.
middle of painting...
Finished painting. I framed it for them in a really cool rustic frame. This is a crummy pic of the painting but you get the point.
Ice skating with the Smart family. its almost becoming a New years Eve tradition which I LOVE!
This is how we do sledding in the Northwest. Dalan thought it was awesome spending half the day in the kyak as Uncle Schuylar pulled him behind the 4-wheeler. Thanks Uncle Schuylar...your such a fun uncle.
Brie and I going for a 4-wheeler ride. Love Brie...she is such a Sweet, Sweet sister and aunt.
This is Dustin's favorite part of being home on the orchard....enjoying the outdoors to its fullest. He is teaching Dalan young.
Uncle Tyler has a hidden talent for making pinatas. He never fails to impress me.
Thanks for making New Years Eve so much fun Uncle Tyler and Aunt Dia.
5 comments:
THANK YOU for posting a picture of your painting! It's amazing, Lore! Really you did a great job!
What a fun trip for you guys. So cool how you surprised your family! Aubree is obsessed with Dora too at least she is just as obsessed with Elmo so we can change it up a bit.
That picture of them peeing...HANDS DOWN FUNNIEST picture i've seen in awhile. Good ole' country livin'. haha
I'll be cheering for Dustin as well....competing in an IRONMAN!! That's awesome.
That painting was amazing!!! You are so talented. Love the picture of the boys, I agree with your sister that is the funniest picture. We will be cheering for Dustin, I bet that he will do awesome in the Ironman!!!
Post a Comment