Saturday, December 29, 2012

A triathlon and the Hat Shop.

Dustin and I were able to do the Beaver Lake Triathlon for my 30th birthday.  I trained with some really sweet girlfriends....Kim and Karley.  We had fun swimming, and running together in the summer mornings. I LOVE training with friends because I can get my girl time in and a great workout all at the same time.  Nothing beats those great conversations while sweating together ; )  



The traithlon course was beautiful!  It was pretty hilly but thankfully i was distracted by all the beautiful homes to look at along the course.  

A great day with my wonderful friends and husband.  I even won a random raffel....a $25 gift certificate to the local running store.  The perfect birthday!  


 Have I mentioned that I LOVE Leavenworth.  I feel blessed to live only 15 min. away from this darling Bavarian town.  One of our favorite shops in Leavenworth is The Hat Shop.  We love to try on all the hats and laugh and make silly faces.  I think we drive the employees crazy with all the hats we model for one another but it is so much fun.  Not to mention the toy store that is connected to the Hat Shop.  It is the perfect afternoon getaway complete with an ice cream shop stop.  If you are looking for a great Christmas getaway.....let me tell you.....this Bavarian town will offer the perfect Christmas vacation.  There is a very cool ornament store with the most unique ornaments(its called Kris Kringel), snow covered sleigh rides in the backwoods of Leavenworth, wonderful chocolate shops and all around beauty.









No comments: