Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Design Work

Okay, so some of you know that I am involved with design work on the side.  The last 7months or so i've been helping a lady in Wenatchee with her home.  She is a structural engineer and we met randomly through my father in law who works construction.  I've helped her with colors, kitchen layouts, lighting, and other random things.  She designed her house and had some really neat ideas.  She was really fun to work with and super nice.  Though she had her definite ideas of what she wanted I tried to give her my opinions from a desingers point of view.  It is finally finished and she loves it.  Though there were some things I would have definetly done different I am glad she loves it.  Her house stands on a hill that overlooks the entire Wenatchee Valley and she has a great window room made up just of windows, 2 stories high(pretty spectacular).  I couldn't get a pic of it because it was dark.  



Front entrance with a water fall/pond. 

Master bath- sinks on both left and right(she has "eternity" mirrors and thought it was so cool)  I guess if your LDS and have been in the temple "eternity" mirrors aren't such a new thing.  Big hot tub jacuzzi straight back with walk in shower.  
Sorry this pic is blurry, but this is a stair design that she came up with.  Looks confusing in the pic but pretty unique design when in person. 


Master bath/bedroom hall-i loved the floor, stained cement with design inlays.  Turned out really cool.  Sorry these pics don't do anything justice.  I snapped some quickly to have something on file.  
Exercise/bird cage-random I know but she has 4 birds and to the far left is a floor to ceiling built-in bird cage.  The rest of the room is for exercising.  


Guest room-total hit with the kids as up top is a loft that is carpeted and lit.  They loved climbing up the ladder and playing in the loft.  Pretty neat little space up there I must admit.  



2 comments:

Chantalle R. said...

That is so awesome. I loved seeing your drawings at the ward social. They were amazing.

Nicole said...

it looks like an amazing home! I agree, the cement floors with inlaid designs looks spectacular...was that your idea?!?!?