Monday, January 4, 2010

Home (away from Home)!

We just got back from WA and had a wonderful time visiting family and friends(all but Chelsi and Pam....dang it girls, next time it will work out ; ) What a memorable time it was. I must admit I was not in the best "picture taking mood" as I just wanted to enjoy family and take it all in w/o a camera on hand but here are a few pics I did take of our 17 day trip home.

Kickin it the "Smart" way in Wenatchee
(Dustins fam)


Tons of fun ice skating with my love!
Winter wonderland
The Andersons drove from ID to see us. We love you guys....so fun to see you!
"This is slippery" is all Dalan had to say!


A day in Leavenworth...where EVERYTHING is bavarian...a must see for any tourists in WA!

My fave place in Leavenworth....chocolate dipped oreos are to die for by the way!
Mama and Papa....boy do we love you!
Having fun with Auntie Dia and Uncle Tyler!
A sweet authentic German restaurant in Leavenworth....bring on the bratwursts!!!!

Time with the Stecks in Puyallup
(My family)


Dalan pushing Macie in her baby stroller on Christmas morning! What a sweet big brother. We sure love you!
A day in Seattle (Just Dustin and I) It was so refreshing to be surrounded by "realness" You will see it all in Seattle...We had an amazing day together and to top it all off we even got to see the "Bodies" exhibit. A must see for anyone who can see it.....the human body is so absolutely miraculous!





A day at the Childrens Museum....Dalan and Macie loved it. Such a cute Museum with so much to do!

If you are ever looking for a good "timeout" place.....you got it..... the top of the refrigerator!
Noelle and I hangin together, chillin and relaxing!
Grandpa and Baby Macie
Macie assuming the position. I often find here her just hangin like this randomly throughout the day. Love my baby doll!

8 comments:

Jen said...

How fun! :)

Pamela Brown said...

I'm glad that you guys had fun, and that is so awesome that you and Dustin got some good alone time :) I am so sorry I missed you guys, I was pretty bummed about that too, darn work. Justin had a guilty look on his face when I go home, so I knew something was up. Maybe next time :) Late Merry Christmas and a Happy new year!! We miss you guys!!!

Noelle said...

EWWWWwww....you posted THAT pic of me. NOOOoooo!!! haha. it's ok...just giving U a hard time. It was really fun seeing you guys. Missed you guys SOOoo much! Macie and Dal are such cuties! Good times my sis. It was a really great Christmas Break, thanks to YOU GUYS!! love you...

~Noelle~

Noelle said...

EWWWWwww....you posted THAT pic of me. NOOOoooo!!! haha. it's ok...just giving U a hard time. It was really fun seeing you guys. Missed you guys SOOoo much! Macie and Dal are such cuties! Good times my sis. It was a really great Christmas Break, thanks to YOU GUYS!! love you...

~Noelle~

Chelsi said...

Looks like you guys had a great trip to WA. I'm sad we couldn't get together, but I'm sure we can find time one of these days :) Glad you and Dustin could have a day together. That must have been so nice! Miss you!!

Brittany said...

I love all your pictures! Wow! You sure crammed a lot of fun things into your Washington trip.

That's neat that you went to Levensworth. Grandma took me there years ago when I was a teenager and I really enjoyed it. Levensworth does have a Bavarian feel to it - makes me miss Germany looking at your pictures.

Someday it would be sweet to take everyone to Germany and show them around. You guys would love the Alps, the Blackforest, the castles, etc.

Do come up to Utah sometime for a visit. Utah has more kids than adults - so there are always plenty of family/kid activities. We would love to see you guys!

Brittany said...

P.S. I was thinking that the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory was a Utah business (but I just looked on Wiki and it's actually a business from Colorado. Anyways, we have one in Provo - another reason for you to visit us ;)

Jolie said...

We felt so lucky to see you guys while you visited Ellensburg! Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to stop by!! We love you so very much and we always feel happier after our visits together. You guys are the best!!